Pricing & discounts
Which services do we offer a discount on?
Discounted prices are available for our longer-term beekeeping courses only. Our bee experiences are not eligible for discount in ordinary circumstances however, we may offer one off discounted prices for these services at certain times of the year.
Who is eligible?
Children who are eligible for free school meals will be able to access Junior Bee Club sessions or after school club sessions at a reduced price of £6 per session. Parents would need to provide proof that they are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
This evidence can be provided in consultation with the school if parents are happy to provide permission.
Number of discounted places on offer
We aim to offer discounted places to at least one third of the children on each course.