Our contact details
Name: Debbie Burney
Address: 24 Blackhorse Lane, Croydon, CR0 6RS
Phone Number: 07810 172 938
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
· Personal identifiers, contacts, and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
· Medical information relating to bee sting, food, and latex allergies.
· First aid information relating to accidents and treatment given.
· Information relating to people’s disabilities
· Information relating to people’s ethnic group
· Emergency contact details
· Height and hand size details for provision of PPE
· Photographs of people involved in our activities (with your permission).
· Answers to questionnaires asking customers about our products and services
· Customer reviews
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
· To allow us to keep you safe from the risk of an allergic reaction to bee stings, food, or latex gloves.
· To allow us to provide the appropriate PPE to keep you safe during beekeeping activities.
· To allow us to help medical professionals give your child the appropriate medical care in your absence.
· To allow us to monitor whether we are providing our services to a diverse range of people.
· To allow us to improve our practice and ensure we are making the best possible impact as a community interest company.
· To allow us to contact you with information or offers you may find interesting.
· To allow us to keep a record of accidents in case the information should be needed at a later date.
· To allow us to share our activities and their impact with other online and through other media.
We won’t share this information with any other organisation without your specific permission.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Debbie Burney at firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
For those attending one off sessions, your information is securely stored at the apiary during your session or in our customer database on a password protected desktop computer at our office address (24 Blackhorse Lane, Croydon, CR0 6RS). We keep medical information for the duration of your session. We will then dispose your information by removing that part of the form and shredding it.
Information for children attending Junior Bee Club is also kept securely on a password protected desktop computer at the above address. Medical information is brought to the session and securely stored at the apiary in case of medical emergency.
We keep contact information on our Mail Chimp database until you ask to be removed from our mailing list. We will then delete your information from the database and any back up we have.
We will keep records about first aid incidents for 3 years as per government guidelines.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com or 24 Blackhorse Lane, Croydon, CR0 6RS or 07810172938 if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 24 Blackhorse Lane, Croydon, CR0 6RS or 07810172938.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk